Thursday, January 21, 2010

Large Format Wine Bottles for Black Cloud

We're planning on creating some large bottles for Black Cloud as part of our next bottling run.

I've had some feelers out there on Twitter and such, asking for opinion about the oversized bottle genre.

Most people seem to like the idea but they rarely purchase for themselves.  In fact, most people seem more inclined to purchase large bottles as special occasion gifts rather than have a few on-hand in their own cellars.

I'm pretty sure we're going to do a few.  They're great to have when a favourite charity or benefit comes calling for a contribution.  And when we have a dinner party for more than 6 guests, our large bottle will dominate the table!

2 comments:

Becnel Family Vineyards said...

I love the idea of magnums! More poeple are looking to recreate a special night out in the privacy of their own home and a magnum for a dinner party is a great way to do it.

Kathleen Rake said...

I'd buy at least one of your magnums, loyal customer that I am. But did someone mention you might consider doing up some smaller, half bottles? I like that idea. Then I wouldn't feel compelled to drink a full bottle when by myself. I'm not one of those who can "just say no" to an open bottle. And...they would make great stocking stuffers ;-)