Tuesday, March 22, 2005

These Boots were made for Winemaking

I've worn some godawful footwear while slogging my way through various vintages. And I've seen some inappropriate foot gear on people who should know better (Right Ian?). If you buy nothing else for yourself this year at the winery, buy a good pair of boots. There is nothing in the Canadian marketplace that comes close to Blundstone boots for function and comfort.

I don't plug for products unless I truly believe in them. Blundstones, made in Australia for over 130 years, are the boot. I wear them every damn day. There's no laces, they've got acid resistant soles and they're as comfortable as a pair of slippers. I recommend the #500 model. Nothing fancy.

A couple of years ago I thought I'd save some money and buy some copycats from Zellers sold under the Snap-on label. Cruel shoes! They make my feet ache.

The Blunnies are pricey. But if you treat them right you should get about 3 good seasons out of them. If you can't get what you want from the link above you may find it easier to drop into Robertson's in Kelowna. They have them there as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Got to your blog via blog explosion. Very cool. Have a great day! :)